On July 2020, the Australian government unveiled new Australian student visa rules. The seven additional requirements for Australia’s student visa are intended to support overseas students and increase their application flexibility. The Australian Immigration Minister, Alan Tudge, tweeted the following new regulations for Australian student visas:
Australian Student Visa Rules 2020
Below are the new rules for Australian student visas:
1. Australia welcomes international students across its border
The Australian government started giving student visas to all foreign countries.
It implies that they will have their visas with them and be able to proceed with their travel plans by the time Australia reopens its border to international students.
2. Relaxations for post-work-study visas (Temporary Graduate Visa – Subclass 485)
The Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa can now be applied for and obtained from outside Australia for students and graduates subjected to travel restrictions since March 20, 2020.
3. Considering taking classes online
The government will consider any online courses outside of Australia as one of the Australian Study Requirements for current and newly accepted students.
4. Free extension of the student visa
July 20, 2020: If due to the pandemic, international students cannot complete their registered course from an Australian university within the visa validity, they may apply for a student visa again, free of charge.
5. Applicants are given an extension to submit English Language Test Results that have been delayed since March 2020 due to COVID-19.
Additionally, the government would provide applicants more time to submit their biometrics, health examinations, character certificates, and other services hampered by COVID-19.
6. Students may now apply for a post-study employment visa.
On July 20 July 20, 2020, graduates with student visas who are outside of Australia and cannot enter the country due to travel restrictions will be able to apply for a Post-Study Work Visa.
It should be noted that the government takes steps to help and relieve international students on temporary visas. A donation of $7 million to the Red Cross was made from the $200 million offered to charity.
7. The government will look out for foreign students
The government is also helping students stranded in Australia for more than a year due to COVID-19 are experiencing financial difficulties. The government is giving students early access to their Australian superannuation (FUNDS).
Along with protecting Australian citizens from being evicted from their rental homes, the government is also taking action to protect overseas students.
Australian student visa rules 2020
There are more flexible rules formerly made by the Australian government on Australian student visas in 2020. These rules are found in this article.
What are the student visa conditions for Australia?
- Be a certain age (school student). Details. …
- Be enrolled in the course of study and provide evidence. …
- Make welfare arrangements if you are under 18 years. …
- Have adequate health insurance. …
- Have this visa if applying while in Australia. …
- Have enough money for your stay. …
- Be a genuine temporary entrant. …
- Meet our character requirement.
Is an Australian student visa easy to get?
Getting a student visa for Australia is easier when compared to other countries Students wanting to study in Australia must meet specific requirements to qualify for a visa. Once enrolled in a full-time study course, you can apply for a visa under Subclass 500.
Is a 5-year gap accepted in Australia?
A gap year of one or two years is acceptable by most universities in Australia; however, a more extended period of break-in education, such as five years, can act as a setback for you in the admission race.