A non-immigrant visa is similar to an Australian tourist visa. It enables brief visits to Australia by foreign nationals. The Australian Embassy claims that: If you seek a tourist visa, you cannot sell products or services or work for any employers in Australia. Those who want to engage in short-term, informal study or training can also apply for a visitor visa.
To stay in Australia for extended periods, parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents may apply for visitor visas. Read the article to learn more about applying for an Australian tourist visa.
How to Apply for Australia Tourist Visa
The following are the documents needed to apply for an Australian tourist visa:
- Current passports
- Expired passports (if any)
- Current pictures (as per the requirements)
- A filled-out visa application (Form 1419)
- Documents demonstrating your visit’s objective
- Bank statements over the last six months
- Evidence of funds
- Income tax returns (past three years)
- Real estate investing (if any)
- Fixed-deposit loans (if any)
- Travel insurance; X-ray findings; personal cover letter; medical test results
- Accommodation Proofs
Steps on how to process and obtain a tourist visa
By completing the instructions listed below, you can obtain a tourist visa for Australia:
Step 1 Selecting an appropriate subclass.
Step 2 is to submit the required paperwork.
Step 3 is to complete the visa application.
Step 4 is to pay the necessary visa fees.
Step 5 Establish a time to submit the application form.
Step 6: You will be eligible for a tourist visa.
Cost of an Australian tourist visa
Australia visitor visa prices range. The answer is dependent upon the subclass you are applying for.
The table below lists some of the visa fees.
|Subclass 600||Differs based on the streams|
|Subclass 417||AUD485 Australian Dollar|
Australia Visitor Visa Processing Time
The time it takes to process a tourist visa for Australia varies. The answer is dependent upon the subclass you are applying for.
The following table provides the processing times for the different subclasses.
Time required to process the various subclasses
|Subclass||Processing time (approximately)|
|Subclass 651||Four months|
|Subclass 600||five days – six months|
|Subclass 417||35 – 87 days|
|Subclass 462||51 – 85 days|
|Subclass 771||13 – 32 days|
Qualifications for an Australia Visitor Visa
- An Australia tourist visa requires the following to be eligible:
- You must have enough money to maintain yourself.
- You must demonstrate a desire to go back to your native country.
- You have to make clear why the visitor is there.
- You must demonstrate that your health is good.
- You must demonstrate your moral character.
- You must provide evidence that you have never been arrested.
- There must be no outstanding debts owed to the Australian government.
- You cannot apply for or accept any employment.
- This visa does not permit study.
- You must abide by all applicable laws.
- You must present the invitation letter if you are visiting family or friends.
- You must present your travel documentation if you are traveling within the nation.
- If traveling for medical reasons, you must present the required medical documentation.
How much cash do I need to get an Australian tourist visa?
These financial requirements for Visitor Visa Australia typically include paystubs, audited accounts, tax returns, credit card limitations, and bank statements for the last three months, with a closing amount of at least AUD 5,000 per applicant.
Is obtaining a tourist visa for Australia simple?
Yes, obtaining a tourist visa for Australia is simple. But you need to fulfill the prerequisites. How long does a tourist visa to Australia last? The tourist visa for Australia is valid for a year (maximum).
How long does it take to obtain an Australian tourist visa?
The Australian visa and ETA typically take 24 hours to process. Visas processed extremely quickly can be finished in less than an hour.
Why are tourist visas rejected?
Reasons for rejecting a visa: If you give false information on your visa application, your visa may be rejected if someone has already brought criminal charges against you. If you quickly and without a good reason, apply for a visa.
Does Australia still grant visas today?
The processing of visas submitted by individuals outside of Australia, including temporary skilled worker, student, and guest visas, is prioritized.
How long may a visitor stay in Australia on a visa?
A tourist visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to three months.
Is it feasible to use a tourist visa to enter Australia more than once?
Yes, a tourist visa allows for multiple entries into Australia. But you’ll need a visa with multiple entrance privileges in that scenario.
Can you apply for a tourist visa extension?
You may apply for a tourist visa extension.
But keep this in mind:
• There cannot be any 8503 restrictions placed.
• Another name for it is “no further stay condition.”
• A valid passport from one of the nations on the list is required.
• The passport must have at least another six months of validity.
Why does your visa include the 8503 conditions?
You have the 8503 requirements on your visa due to: • Your extended stay in Australia.
• You are a citizen of a high-risk nation.
• During a prior visit, you violated the terms of your visa.
What can things not be brought into Australia?
The following items are forbidden from being brought into Australia: firearms, drugs, protected wildlife, steroids, packaged food, fresh food, plants, fruit, skins, meat, seeds, and feathers.