If you’re a Nigerian student looking to study abroad, you’ll be happy to know that there are a number of scholarships available to you. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of international scholarships for Nigerian students for 2023/24. These scholarships are offered by universities, governments, and private organizations.
List of International Scholarships for Nigerian Students For 2023/24
There are various scholarships available to talented and deserving Nigerian students who wish to pursue their studies overseas. The following is a list of International Scholarships for Nigerian Students that are available for the 2023/24 academic year:
#1. Christopher Tower 2023 Poetry Competition | up to £14,000 in prizes
The Christopher Tower Poetry Competition 2023 is currently accepting applications. Students between the ages of 16 and 18 are required to submit a poem with the theme “The Planets” for the competition.
The most valuable prize for young poets in the UK is offered by the Tower Poetry Competition. Students who attend schools in the UK may enter the competition for free. Two anonymous guest judges—who alternate each year—and a Christopher Tower student adjudicate the competition. Every year, the theme is chosen with the idea of letting participants interpret it however they see fit.
Requirements for Christopher Tower Poetry Competition Qualification
- On February 24, 2023, applicants must be at least 16 years old and under 19 years old.
- Participants must be enrolled full- or part-time in an educational program at a British school, college, or other institution of higher learning. The competition is not open to students taking courses in higher education.
- The designated theme must be covered in submissions for the 2023 Tower Poetry Prize.
- The length of entries, which cannot exceed 48 lines, must be in English.
- To enter, use the website and provide true, accurate information.
- Only one poem may be submitted per participant.
- After being submitted to the Tower Poetry Competition, poems cannot be edited; only the initial submission will be taken into consideration.
- Jointly written poems are not eligible.
- Each poem submitted must be the author’s original work; it may not contain poetry by others without proper attribution and citation, nor may it contain significant elements (such as phrases, lines, or longer compositional units) that have been suggested or written by others who were involved in the submission’s editorial review.
- The poems must not have previously been published, read aloud, or entered into another contest.
- Close relatives or family members of Christ Church, Oxford employees are not eligible to enter the contest.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2023
How to Apply
- To apply, visit Christopher Tower
- The following information is required on the form and will take you about five minutes to complete: your name, date of birth, and email address; the location of your school or college; Information on how to reach your teacher; and Upload one PDF, DOC, or DOCX file with your poem.
#2. Global Futures Scholarships
The Global Futures Scholarships will be given out based on how well you do in school and how you answer questions on an online application form that will be sent to all eligible offer holders.
People from Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Botswana, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and South Africa can apply for the seven partial awards.
Each award is worth £5,000 for the first year of school and another £5,000 for the second and third years if the student gets a 60% average each year.
Scholarships will be given in the form of a discount on the published fees for studying abroad.
Please note that you won’t get the application form until you’ve applied and been given an offer.
- International fee-paying students from Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Botswana, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and South Africa can apply.
- Applicants must be applying for direct first-year entry in 2023 and have or be working toward one of the following qualifications:
- A-levels, South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) or IEB NCUK International Foundation Year
- For the African awards, applicants must have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to study full-time at Manchester and submit an online scholarship application form by May 19, 2023.
- After exam results are confirmed, between June and August 2023, depending on the qualification taken, awards will be given.
- The application form will be sent by email to everyone who has a relevant offer.
- The applicants will be judged on their grades and how well they wrote their scholarship applications.
- Applicants have to pay for themselves (not sponsored).
- The award is not open to people who want to get degrees in medicine (MBChB), dentistry (BDS), or architecture.
- By May 19, 2023, applicants must have made The University of Manchester their FIRM UCAS choice.
- Applicants who have already gone to a university in the UK to get a higher degree are not eligible for the award.
- Applicants for blended and distance learning programs are not eligible for the award.
The list above is a quick way for you to see if you qualify. Make sure to download and read our full Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply
- You must fill out a scholarship application form online and send it in by May 19, 2023.
- All relevant offer-holders will get an email with the link to the online application form.
- After exam results come out in August 2023, the University will let all scholarship applicants know what their decision is.
#3. The University of Bristol Think Big Scholarship
The University of Bristol offers scholarship opportunities through various programs. Think Big Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship offered scholarships to international undergraduates.
The worth of this award ranges between £5,000 and $10,000.Candidates must be aware that the award only covers tuition fees; other costs are not covered.
You can apply if you are an international student in terms of fees and have applied to start any full-time undergraduate course at the University of Bristol in September 2023 (except for Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary Science), but not Medicine, Dentistry, or Veterinary Science.
How to Apply
- Use the online form to apply for international scholarships. Instructions on how to apply for international scholarships have more information about this form.
- All University of Bristol international scholarships have the same way to apply, so the terms and conditions are also the same. Read the rules before you fill out the application.
#4. Westminster Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
The Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship is given to international students from developing countries who are Black, Asian, or from another minority ethnic group. people from Nigeria can apply for this scholarship. Students who are chosen can enroll in a full-time bachelor’s degree program in any field.
The total value of the scholarship is £15,000, but winners would only get £5,000 each year for three years. This scholarship is for an academic program that moves forward.
Candidates would only be chosen if they met the following requirements:
- They must have been told by the university that they can start a full-time program in September of the year they are applying.
- Their annual income as a family must be less than £25,000, and they must have asked the Student Loans Company for help.
- They can’t have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
The following documents are required:
- A transcript shows what you’ve done in school. When final grades are not yet available, you can use provisional grades.
- A letter of recommendation to help you get a scholarship. It should come from your last employer, teacher, etc.
How to Apply
- If you need help applying, send an email to email@example.com or call 0207 911 5000 text. 65511.
- It’s easy to sign up for one of undergraduate courses—just click the red “Apply” button at the top of each course page. For your application, you will be directed to the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) website.
- International students, who wants to get a full-time degree must apply through UCAS.
- On the UCAS website, you will fill out an application form and choose up to five courses and five universities.
- You can save and come back to your UCAS application at any time.
- Universities won’t be able to see where else you’ve applied until after they’ve made you an offer.
#5.Kingston University Undergraduate Scholarships
Kingston gives scholarships to students all over the world, including those in Nigeria. International students who sign up for a full-time program through International Development can get a £5,000 scholarship from the university.
Candidates who are chosen will get the scholarship amount every year for up to three years, as long as they keep making progress in their studies.
So, this scholarship wouldn’t help the student if he or she had to repeat a year of school for any reason. Keep in mind that this scholarship only covers part of your tuition fees, so you must be able to pay the rest after the scholarship amount has been deducted.
Those who apply must meet the following criteria :
- They must be an international student.
- For a full-time undergraduate program at Kingston University, they had to get an offer letter from the school.
- They are not Kingston University students already.
For an online application, applicants would need the following document:
- A copy of the letter from Kingston University that says you can attend.
- A letter as a reference
- A transcript of the results of an English test.
- Personal statement
- Those who are qualified must apply on the university’s website and upload all the necessary documents.
- Be sure that the application process is based on merit, not on who sends in their application first.
How to Apply
- In September, we will give eight scholarships to each of the new Undergraduate students who sign up with us. They are worth £5,000 and can be used for the first year of college.
- Please keep in mind that the Kingston scholarships are very popular and get a lot of applications each year. Before you can apply for a scholarship, you need to have an offer for a course that starts in September 2023.
- If you win, the award goes toward your tuition fees, but you must make sure you have enough money to cover the rest of your fees and living costs.
- The application period starts in March 2023, and the winners will be named in April 2023.
- Once the form is ready, a link to it will be posted on this page.
For more information contact:
Nigerian students who wish to study abroad can find a number of scholarships to help make their dreams a reality. This article provides a list of international scholarships for Nigerian students for 2023/24. Some of the scholarships include the Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship, the Global Futures Scholarships, and Christopher Tower Poetry Competition.