On Friday, public affairs analyst Sam Amadi called the eight years of former President Muhammadu Buhari a “disaster.”
It will take a long time for Nigerians to forget Buhari’s presidency, according to the director of the Abuja School of Social and Political Thoughts.
In this case, Amadi was responding to the action imposed on foreign exchange by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The CBN has appropriately nullified one of @MBuhari’s insane monetary measures today,” Amadi said on X. It would take a long time to forget the terrible eight years of Buhari’s presidency.
It’s horrifying to think that there are still sane people who think Buhari should succeed Jonathan and serve on the council.
The central bank had eased the forex limit on 43 products. Buhari’s government imposed these constraints.
4. Palm kernel
5. Palm oil products
6. Vegetable oils
7. Meat and processed meat products
8. Vegetables and processed vegetable products
9. Poultry and processed poultry products
10. Tinned fish in sauce (Geisha)/sardine
11. Cold rolled steel sheets
12. Galvanized steel sheets
13. Roofing sheets
15. Head pans
16. Metal boxes and containers
18. Steel drums
19. Steel pipes 20. Wire rods (deformed and not deformed)
22. Reinforcing bars
23. Wire mesh
24. Steel nails
25. Security and razor fencing and poles
26. Wood particle boards and panels
27. Wood fiberboards and panels
28. Plywood boards and panels
29. Wooden doors
31. Glass and glassware
32. Kitchen utensils
34. Tiles-vitrified and ceramic
35. Gas cylinders
36. Woven fabrics
38. Plastic and rubber products
39. Polypropylene granules
40. Cellophane wrappers and bags
41. Soap and cosmetics
42. Tomatoes/tomato pastes
43. Eurobond/foreign currency bond/ share purchases.