Are you a woman looking for scholarships to help fund your PhD studies? In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 PhD scholarships for women that are available for the 2023/24 academic year. These scholarships are from a range of different organizations, including government agencies, private companies, and charities.
Top 10 PhD Scholarships for Women 2023/24
The scholarships listed below are some of the most prestigious and competitive awards available to women pursuing a PhD. They are also among the most generous, providing funding for both research and living expenses. So if you’re a woman looking to pursue a PhD, read on for a list of scholarships that could help make your dreams a reality.
#1. University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada, 2023
University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship in Canada, 2023 is for the PhD degree in Ukraine in political science, economics, and related fields.
Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to apply is March 1, 2023. The Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies gives out this scholarship, and it’s worth between $5,000 and $20,000. This scholarship is open to anyone from any country.
- Candidates for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship should be experts in Ukraine in political science, economics, and related fields (economic, social sciences, and political and social history).
- Students who live in Canada, go to Canadian universities, or work on dissertations are given priority.
- The fellowship will be given to successful applicants for one school year.
- Those who want to apply for the Neporany Doctoral Fellowship should send a detailed CV and transcripts that are up to date.
- Include a cover letter with the candidate’s citizenship or residency status, mailing address, phone number(s), and email address.
- The summary should be between 1,250 and 2,500 words long.
- There must be at least two letters of recommendation.
#2. Funded MRes/Ph.D. studentships in Economics at the University of Surrey 2023
There are funded MRes/Ph.D. studentships in economics at the University of Surrey until 2023. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to apply is June 1, 2023. This scholarship is given by the University of Surrey and is worth Full Funding, tuition fees, a stipend of £17,668, a teaching allowance of £2,460, and a research allowance. This scholarship is for: Anyone from any country.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a first-class honors grade and a master’s degree in a relevant field (or equivalent qualifications).
- We also accept applications from highly qualified people who don’t have a master’s degree.
- A recent GRE general test score (only for the Quantitative Reasoning section); applications without GRE scores will not be taken into account. Students who have already taken Surrey Economics do not have to send in GRE scores.
- Requirements for the English language: IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall with 6.0 in each part, or other tests that are equivalent.
How to apply:
- The “Apply” tab on the MRes Economics page is where you should send in your application.
- All complete applications for our school scholarships will be looked at automatically.
- From mid-February on, funding will be given out on a rolling basis until all of the scholarships have been given out.
#3. Xiamen University New International Students Scholarships 2023
The Xiamen University New International Students Scholarships 2023 are available to people who want to get a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Education, Chemistry, Marine science, Biology, Ecology, or Statistics. you can apply for this scholarship here . The last day to send in an application is March 31, 2023. This scholarship is given out by Xiamen University, and its value is Partial Funding, Varies. This scholarship is open to anyone who isn’t from China.
Those who want to join a program must meet the requirements for that program.
- Education level and age limits (as of the first day of school in September):
- Bachelor’s programs require that you have at least a high school diploma and are younger than 25.
- For master’s programs, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree and be younger than 40.
- To get into a doctoral program, you must have a master’s degree or higher and be younger than 45.
Selection and Notification:
The applicant’s academic record, language skills, overall merits, research achievements, and comments from their potential supervisor will all be looked at. The candidates left on the list will be sent to the university officials for final approval.
- Duration of Scholarships:
- Four or five years for a bachelor’s degree.
- Two or three years for a master’s degree.
- Four years for a doctoral program.
#4. Fulbright Program For Citizens Of Afghanistan
The Fulbright Program gives Afghan citizens a chance to get a Master’s or a Ph.D. in any field at a well-known U.S. university. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to send in your application is February 15, 2021. This scholarship is given by the U.S. Federal Government and is worth Full Funding, a grant for tuition, and a stipend to cover living costs. Anyone from Afghanistan can apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant should be a citizen of Afghanistan.
- The applicant must have a four-year Bachelor’s degree or a three-year Bachelor’s degree with one more year of undergraduate study.
- For the Ph.D. program, applicants must have a TOEFL iBT score of at least 80. For the Master’s program, applicants must have a TOEFL iBT score of at least 75.
- The person applying should only have pending applications to move to another country.
- The applicant should not be a U.S. citizen or have a legal right to live there permanently.
- The applicant must show that they are a leader or has the potential to be one.
- The applicant must have done volunteer work and been involved in the community.
- Work and Schooling history
- How to write and what to write
- Score on TOEFL iBT
#5. The Oxford Law And Policy Fellowship
The Oxford Law and Policy Fellowship is for getting their Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Law and Policy. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship.
The deadline varies from the last day you can send in your application. This scholarship is given by Oxford Policy Management (OPM), and it’s worth a total of £26,000 per year, which covers rent and health insurance. This scholarship is open to anyone from any country.
To be considered, candidates must send in a filled-out application form and any other necessary documents. When it’s time to apply, the website will have more information.
Phone interviews: Based on the applications we get, we’ll choose a few people to talk to on the phone for the first round of interviews. These are casual conversations with two OPF reps that last 30 minutes. At this stage, questions will be based on real-life situations, technical skills, and people skills. Most of the time, phone interviews happen in February or March.
Panel interviews: More candidates on the shortlist will be asked to come to a panel interview. Among the requirements are a 10-minute presentation and questions based on competency. Most of the time, the panel interviews happen between March and April.
Shortlist to governments: In the last step of the hiring process, OPF staff will give the final list of candidates to each government line manager, who will then choose their favorite candidate.
#6. Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship 2023
The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship 2023 is for people who want to get a Master’s or Ph.D. in any subject the university offers. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to apply is March 31, 2023. This scholarship comes from the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation and is worth €15,000. Arab students and Dutch students can apply for this scholarship.
Arab students who want to get a master’s or Ph.D. in the Netherlands can get a Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship, and Dutch students who want to study in Arab countries can get a Rabbani Fellowship.
Eligibility for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship:
Arab or Dutch students should apply for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship.
- The Arab students are from countries that are part of the Arab League in North Africa and the Middle East.
- The Dutch students are people who want to become Dutch citizens.
- Arab students should be able to get their Master’s or doctorate in the Netherlands, and Dutch students should be able to get their Master’s or doctorate in the Arab world.
- Those who want to apply should know English well.
- Candidates must be from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen. The people who apply from the Netherlands should be from the Netherlands.
- Candidates for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship must send a curriculum vitae, a letter of invitation from the host institution, a statement of motivation, and a statement of purpose.
- The applicants should send a copy of their passport, a color photo that fits in a passport, and copies of their diplomas and degrees.
- The candidates are expected to send in two signed letters of recommendation from academic referees, a program outline, and a budget for the program.
- Applicants for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Fellowship are judged on how well they do in school.
- The candidates are judged based on how their proposed field of study will help them grow academically and professionally and how motivated they are.
#7. Khazar University Scholarships 2023
Khazar University Scholarships 2023 are available for bachelor, master, and Ph.D. degrees in all of the University’s fields of study. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to get your application in is May 15, 2023.
Khazar University is giving out this scholarship, which is worth Only tuition fees, up to 75% of fees. Anyone can apply for this scholarship, except for people from Azerbaijan.
Eligibility criteria of the Khazar University Scholarships:
- Those who want to apply must be from a country other than Azerbaijan.
- At Khazar University, applicants must fill out an application for one of the bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. programs.
- Show that you have done well in school and have done well in previous levels of study.
- Show that you are smart and interested in the field you want to study.
#8. Jeremy Bloomfield Memorial Scholarship 2023
The Jeremy Bloomfield Memorial Scholarship 2023 is for people who want to get a master, Ph.D., or Post Doc degree in Education & Environment. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship.
The last day to apply is March 1, 2023. Victoria University of Wellington is giving out this scholarship worth Partial Funding, $20,000. This scholarship is for: Anyone from any country.
Eligibility for the Jeremy Bloomfield Memorial Scholarship:
- The applicant must be enrolled at Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington and doing postgraduate research (Ph.D. or Masters level) in any field related to education or the environment.
The scholarship must be used to help take a big step toward making a research-based innovation available to the wider community so that it can be used and have an impact.
Some examples of eligible activities are making a product, service, or prototype to use innovative research results. You can’t use the scholarship to pay for new research projects.
- A list of how funds will be used.
- A personal statement about the project’s goals, what makes it a success, and a high-level breakdown of the tasks to be done in the style of project management.
- A reference that shows how the research is new and how it can be used to make an impact outside the lab.
- A CV
- A copy of your most recent school record.
#9. Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship 2023
The Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship for 2023 is for people who want to get a Ph.D. in any field at the University. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship. The last day to get your application in is May 14, 2023. This scholarship comes from the University of Kent and is worth up to £10,000 in Partial Funding. This scholarship is for: Anyone from any country.
Eligibility criteria for the Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship:
- Applicants must have a first or 2.1 on their bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree (merit or distinction).
- Applicants must already be enrolled in or have an offer for a full-time postgraduate research degree in the Faculty of Humanities or Social Sciences at the University of Kent for the next academic year.
- Applicants must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to explain their project to people who aren’t experts in the field without using jargon.
- The applicants must show how much they care about their project and convince the panel of its wider value.
- Applicants must be “ambassadors” for the University and the subject they want to study.
#10. Centre for Doctoral Training in Multiscale Models for Life
Centre for Doctoral Training in Multiscale Models for Life (MM4L) award 2023 is for Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computational Biology, Tissue Engineering, Developmental Biology, Genetics, Stem Cell Biology, and Biochemistry. Here is where you can apply for this scholarship.
The last day to send in your application is February 26, 2023. Kings College London gives this scholarship, and its value is Full Funding, which includes tuition fees, a stipend every year, and research costs. This scholarship is for: Anyone from any country.
- Applicants must have at least a second-class undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field, such as mathematics, computational biology, tissue engineering, developmental biology, genetics, stem cell biology, or biochemistry, but not limited to these.
- Candidates should have lab-based research experience (either wet & dry) necessary.
- EU and International students may be required to pass an English language proficiency test to Band D standard.