Consider visiting Australia with your siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, or kin. You may sponsor your relatives’ immigration to Australia if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident. The various visa options for tourist visas in Australia with a sponsor will be covered in this article.
Requirements for Tourist Visa in Australia with a Sponsor
Below are the types of family-sponsored visas for tourist visas in Australia with a sponsor and their requirements:
Subclass 600 – Visitor Visa for Family Visas
Subclass 600 Sponsored Visitor Visa If you want to invite your family to come to Australia for up to a year, the Family Stream is suitable for you. The family member can travel around Australia, visit loved ones, and study for up to three months while on this Visa. It’s important to understand that the applicant cannot get a job with this Visa. This Visa is ideal for applicants who wish to stay in Australia temporarily.
You must be an established Australian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor a relative to come to Australia. Additionally, you must be at least 18 years old. Additionally, as a sponsor, you must be able to provide a security bond upon request from the Department. The security bond’s amount is up to discretion. On the other hand, it often ranges from $5,000 to $15,000 per person if requested.
3 to 6 months for processing
Regional Skilled Worker (Provisional) Visa, Subclass 491, Family-Sponsored
Last year, the category 491 visa was introduced. It allows eligible skilled professionals and their families to reside, work, and attend school in specific regional Australian locations for five years. After three years, those with a visa may apply for a permanent residence visa. Candidates must be sponsored by a qualified family member residing in a designated regional area or be nominated by an Australian state or territory government.
The family members that could be sponsored are:
- A parent is one example of an eligible relative.
- A kid or stepchild, a sibling, an adoptive sibling, a stepbrother, a stepsister, an aunt, an uncle, an adoptive aunt, an adoptive uncle, a step-aunt, or an uncle-in-law.
- a nephew, niece, step-nephew, step-niece, adoptive nephew, or niece.
- a first cousin; or a grandmother
The subclass 491 visa is subject to a point test. The applicant must have a minimum of 65 points to indicate interest in applying, but because of the high level of competition, you may require between 90 and 100 points to be invited. Being sponsored or nominated is one of the additional requirements. The sponsored must meet these criteria:
- Be younger than 45.
- Have a good skills evaluation.
- Speak English at least comprehensibly.
- The applicant’s occupation must be on the MLTSSL list to qualify for the family-sponsored stream.
- Meet the character and health requirements.
Subclasses 115 and 835 Remaining Visa for Relatives
The final relative visa is Subclass 115/Subclass 835. While subclass 835 is for candidates in Australia at the time of the visa application, subclass 115 is for applicants abroad. The applicant can go to Australia to be with their only close relative with the help of the remaining relative visa, which is a permanent visa.
To be eligible, the applicant must be sponsored by an eligible parent, stepparent, sibling, or stepsibling, as well as an eligible relative’s partner. Those that can be sponsored are:
- Sibling or stepsibling; parent or stepparent; parent or stepparent of the partner
- A child or stepchild who is at least 18 and is not dependent upon you;
- A child or stepchild under 18 and is not under the constant supervision of you or your partner.
The sponsor must meet the following criteria:
- You must provide proof of support to ensure that the applicant won’t need to rely on public assistance.
- You must adhere to standards of morality and fitness.
The holder of this Visa is permitted to remain, work, and study in Australia indefinitely.
Process lengths: Each year, only a few surviving related visas are issued. As a result, the waiting period may exceed ten years.
Career Visa, Subclass 116/Subclass 836
Also, a permanent visa is a caregiver visa. It enables the applicant to relocate to Australia to care for a person with a chronic medical condition. To qualify, you must be a caregiver. You intend to give the sponsoring family member or relative long-term significant care and support.
- Identify a sponsor.
- A relative of the applicant must serve as the sponsor.
- You must agree to offer accommodation and financial support for the application for the first two years of your stay in Australia as a sponsor.
- A medical evaluation must determine that you need continuing medical treatment.
- In Australia, you do not have reasonable access to care options. In other words, you cannot receive adequate care from a different relative or a hospital, community service, or welfare organization in Australia.
- The applicant needs to be in good physical and moral condition.
Processing times: Not available at this time.
Read Also:How to Apply for Australia Tourist Visa
Returning Australians bring family from abroad.
If, at the time of your birth, both of your parents were citizens of Australia. You could submit a naturalization application. Following citizenship, you are eligible to apply for an Australian passport.
4 to 7 months for processing
With the content of this article, you may be able to know the type of visa to obtain for your family member as a sponsor who resides or is a citizen of Australia.
How much does it cost to sponsor an overseas traveler to Australia?
The security bond’s goal is to increase the likelihood that the member of your sponsored family abides by their visa requirements, such as not working or overstaying it. What monetary amount would I be required to back up the bond? Typically, the department requests between $5,000 and $15,000 for the required amount.
What paperwork or document is required to host a visitor in Australia?
For each guest you want to sponsor, you must present documentation proving your link to them. Birth certificates and marriage certificates are two examples of this. You must also present proof of your Australian citizenship or status as a permanent resident.
Can a friend be sponsored for an Australian tourist visa?
The sponsor must be an established citizen or permanent resident of Australia. If the other candidate is a member of the visa applicant’s family or vice versa, the sponsor must be a relative of the visa applicant.
Who can provide you with a visa to stay in Australia?
The sponsor must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Typically dwell in a specific region of Australia.
- Be either an eligible citizen of Australia, an Australian permanent resident, or of New Zealand.
- Be a qualifying relative of you or your partner.
How much money must you provide to get an Australian visa?
AUD 21,041 for a student or guardian. Spouse or companion: AUD 7,362. Child: 3,152 AUD. Approximately AUD 2,000 per person is spent on travel.
For an Australian tourist visa, is there an interview?
No, you won’t need a visa interview to visit Australia. However, you can be asked to submit your biometrics at a biometric collection or visa application center, together with character and health certifications, to demonstrate your eligibility.
Is finding a sponsor challenging in Australia?
This is a significant issue that most people need to pay attention to. Only a few companies are able or willing to sponsor. You must identify these employers even if there is a significant demand for what you do (that is, a registered Standard Business Sponsor). Simply realizing this is a significant first step.
How long does it take to get an Australia sponsorship visa?
We often submit the SBS, nomination, and 482 visa applications simultaneously. So, the application procedure takes between one and ten months from start to finish. When a current 457 or 482 visa holder requests a nomination transfer and is sponsored by a new employer, the nomination is typically approved in 1 week to 2 months.