Are you looking to apply for the TETFUND Scholarship 2023/24? If so, this article is for you! Read on to learn more about the application process, eligibility requirements, and deadline for the scholarship. TETFUND scholarship is an excellent opportunity to gain access to quality higher education, and also a great way to fund your studies.
TETFUND is a federal government agency in Nigeria that funds tertiary education. It was founded in 2011 with the primary goal of increasing access to high-quality tertiary education in Nigeria. The TETFUND scholarship is one of the ways the organization helps students.
The TETFUND scholarship is a competitive scholarship given to students who have excelled academically. For the duration of the student’s studies, the scholarship covers the total cost of tuition and other educational expenses.
TETFUND Scholarship Requirement
To be eligible for a TETFUND scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Nigerian citizens
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent
- Not be recipients of any other form of scholarship or financial aid
How to Apply For TETFUND Scholarship(The Process)
All submissions from beneficiary institutions recommending the use of the ASTD intervention must be accompanied by the minutes of the relevant selection Committee [TETFund Interventions Implementation Committee, Academic Board Committee, or Deans and Directors Committee].
- Applications for scholarships will now be processed for payment en bloc by the Fund at two (2) different times of the year, namely, May for those starting their study program in September and October for those starting their study program in January of the following year; all submissions must be accompanied by supporting documents (Admission Letter, Filled TETFund Nomination Form, Bond Form, Resume’ of Applicant, Schedule of fees from the University, Medical Form).
- Prospective scholars must obtain a tuition fee invoice from their intended training institutions that states the total amount payable as tuition for the entire duration of the study program and submit it to TETFund along with their Admission letters.
- The invoice should include the total fee payable for the entire duration of study, not just one (1) year, as has been the practice in the past. The same invoice should include the prospective scholar’s full name as well as the bank account information for the institution where the tuition will be paid.
- The details should include the following: Total Amount Payable for the Course Duration, which must be shown on the invoice, Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Number, Sort Code, ABA Routing No (For USA Institutions)/ SWIFT/BIC Code, IBAN No for Europe and UK Institutions, Transit code (for Canadian Institutions), and IFSC Number for Indian Institutions, as well as other parameters that will allow payment of the applicable fees.
The Fund will accept only scholarship applications that comply with this mandatory requirement.
- Submissions must include a soft copy on a memory stick (not a CD-ROM) prepared in MS-Excel in accordance with the approved template and the hard copy. Advance soft copies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Before any scholar begins a program, approval from the Fund must be sought and obtained. Without prior approval from the Fund, no request for reimbursement of expenses incurred by beneficiaries will be entertained.
- All successful nominees for sponsorship would receive a scholarship award letter from their institutions detailing their entitlements, fees, and other terms.
- Requests for changes to the cost of sponsorship will not be considered once approval has been granted and funds have been released to the beneficiary institutions.
- Following the vetting process, the Fund would notify the beneficiary institution and the individual scholars of its approval or denial. Afterward, their institutions would reimburse successful scholars for their living expenses, allowing them to begin their study fellowship.
- Beneficiary institutions are reminded of the importance of opening a domiciliary account for their institutions in order to facilitate the administration of funds for their foreign-based scholars.
- Once completed, evidence of compliance should be forwarded to TETFund; yearly progress reports on each scholar under the scheme should be provided to the Fund by all beneficiary institutions using the approved reporting template.
- Failure to submit a progress report will impact future disbursements; tuition fees will be paid directly to the foreign institution by the Fund;
- Ph.D. scholars’ living expenses should be paid to the scholars’ account annually after receiving a satisfactory progress report;
- For consideration, all Ph.D. dissertations of successful returnee scholars should be submitted to the Fund by the beneficiary Institution in both soft (pdf format) and hard copies.
- All submissions for ASTD sponsorship must include 60% science and technology courses and 40% arts and social science courses.
- The Fund now sponsors Ph.D. courses for a period of four years (where applicable).
- All Master’s programs in Nigeria should not last more than two years, and one year in Europe. Master’s degree programs in Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Thailand, North America, and the United Arab Emirates, on the other hand, may last no more than two years.
- All prospective scholars who wish to be sponsored by the Fund and who will begin their study programs in September must submit their applications for sponsorship to the Fund no later than May 31st, and those beginning studies in January of the following year must submit their applications to the Fund for processing no later than May 31st.
TETFUND Scholarship Deadline
The deadline for the TETFUND scholarship for 2023 is May 31st. Be sure to submit your application before the deadline.
Applying for the TETFUND scholarship is a competitive process. To increase your chances of being awarded the scholarship, follow the instructions detailed in this article.
Start by submitting your online application form, then attach all required documents. Once you have submitted your application, wait for a decision from the TETFUND panel. If you are successful, you will be notified and asked to provide additional information.